TAFCO Achieves ISO 9001:2015 Certification
TAFCO (TMP Manufacturing Company Inc.), an industry leader in walk-in coolers and commercial refrigeration products, has achieved ISO 9001:2015 certification, the latest ISO standard designation. Tafco received its certificate from Bureau Veritas Group. This demonstrates Tafco's commitment to quality-of-service standards established by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
What is ISO 9001:2015?
A Summary of ISO 9001:2015
ISO 9001:2015 is a certified quality policy. The quality policy is a formal statement from management, closely linked to the business and marketing plan and to customer needs. The quality policy is understood and followed at all levels and by all employees. Each employee needs measurable objectives to work towards.
- Decisions about the quality system are made based on recorded data and the system is regularly audited and evaluated for conformance and effectiveness by Bureau Veritas.
- Records should show how and where raw materials and products were processed, to allow products and problems to be traced to the source.
- You need to determine customer requirements and create systems for communicating with customers about product information, inquiries, contracts, orders, feedback and complaints.
- When developing new products, you need to plan the stages of development, with appropriate testing at each stage. You need to test and document whether the product meets design requirements, regulatory requirements and user needs.
- Requires regular performance reviews through internal audits and meetings. Determine whether the quality system is working and what improvements can be made. Deal with past problems and potential problems. Keep records of these activities and the resulting decisions, and monitor their effectiveness (note: you need a documented procedure for internal audits).
- Requires documented procedures for dealing with actual and potential non-conformances (problems involving suppliers or customers, or internal problems). Make sure no one uses bad product, determine what to do with bad product, deal with the root cause of the problem seeking and keep records to use as a tool to improve the system.